
Posted by Picasa
I found the Old Colored School, an elementary school of segration days, that has recently been restored. There's a plaque marking its history on my Technology in Teaching blog.
It's a pretty area. Hampton, SC, is in what is called the Lowlands of South Carolina. In practical terms, it has a VERY high water table, and NOBODY has a basement. It's in the pathway of some hurricanes, but, other than minor flooding & water damage, it just means the schools get closed a little less often than NE Ohio has snow days. We're an evacuation point, and the local high school is where the Hilton Head people will be put up, so, if they get evacuated, we go home and kick back for a couple of days.
I'm enjoying the change, and the kids are great. Everyone has made me feel very welcome. I've been working late getting ready with lesson plans, and I'm going to give a few hours today to studying for the PRAXIS with another poor victim.
I'm going to pack my camera every day, and try to post a few pictures once or twice a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment