Sunday, October 23, 2005

My days lately

I've found a routine lately. Most days, during the week, after work, I come home, eat, then settle in for an evening of grading, planning, and reviewing for the PRAXIS. Weekends, I take some time off on Friday night, then don't get back to work until Sunday after church.

My life is relatively uncomplicated right now, probably for the first time in years. I don't have much stuff with me, so it takes almost no time to clean up. I don't run around much - at today's gas prices, I try to keep the trips to a minimum.

For a short time, it's an acceptable way to live. Over the long haul, it would be stultifying and boring. As much as my family complicates my life, without them, I have much less fun. They have brought excitement into a life that would, otherwise, have been too confined, quiet, and narrow.

No comments: