Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas Update

I've been home over a week, and I'm starting to feel like I belong. Alas, I'll have to return to SC after New Year's, but it's a nice feeling, nonetheless.

Today is the long-anticipated Fox Christmas gift exchange. It's a crazy free-for-all, with Foxes teaming up to capture the coveted present of the year (never know just what one will catch the eye of most). I'll post pictures later this evening.

My toes are cold - must dig up those slipper socks.

My daughter and her kids will be up today. My dear son-in-law will follow, as soon as he can leave work. I'm touched by the amount of time both will spend on the road, just to be with family.

Of course, we're hoping that Nita will wear her cheerleader costume (Browns, of course).

I'll be closing on the new house next Friday. I'm happy, but also nervous. It's a big step. Right now, Den and I are cleaning out old stuff, and evaluating whether to keep, donate, or junk. The ultimate question is, is it worth hauling that many miles?

Few pieces make the cut. Which only shows you how much worthless (or nearly) stuff we've accumulated over the years.

No comments: