Friday, August 04, 2006

Back to School Update

As most of you know already, it's HOT, HOT, HOT!

Freaking HOT!

Additionally, the outlets in both bedrooms have died, making it impossible to use the room air conditioners. Fortunately, my dear husband was in town recently, and installed A/C in the office. Which is where I'm sleeping till the heat wave is over. Or the heat pump is installed (hopefully, by next week).

So, I'll be making calls all day, begging electricians to "Come Onna My House" and hook a sista up.


At school, I'll be teaching 4 Physical Science classes, and 2 Chemistry for the Technologies (Chem for those not going to a 4-year college - think of it as Chem Lite). The only down side of the schedule is that the 2 chem classes are separated by a Physical Science class. If they're well behaved, I could leave out the set-up. Not likely.

I've been going to Curves, and, although I haven't seen major results on the scale, my clothes are fitting better, and I'm more flexible and energetic.

I'll be shopping this weekend for school. SC has a tradition called a Tax-Free weekend, meant to encourage lots of buying. I'll pick up my check ($250) from the school, and hit the stores Saturday.

No comments: