Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Weekly Update - 10/1/02




Very interesting week - Michelle and Jonathan joined Dennis and I on Saturday, when we made a road trip to Rock Creek. We toured all the sites, ate cheeseburgers at Mickey's, ice cream at what used to be called 3Cs, and finished with a walk down to Rock Creek.
I hadn't realized just how bad the drought was until we saw Rock Creek. We could walk up the middle of the creek until the first falls - which at this time is a mere trickle. There are still fish in the creek, but they are puny. The leaves are piling up at the foot of the falls, since the water flow is so reduced.
Still, Jonathan had a great time, as did Michelle. We plan to return again in a few weeks, this time with David (he was sick that day).

Michelle and I are busy planning the craft fair. I'm going to go in on the cost of the booth - I'll set up a display of Artistry products, and collect names for a prize drawing.

I got back another set of wedding pictures. Uncle Mike Fox also has some - he'll be selecting eight to keep, the others are Michelle's and David's to keep. I'm working on scanning in the backlog.

I have a big project due today, so I won't get started immediately on the pictures. Hopefully, tomorrow will be clear of other responsibilities.

No comments: