RUNNING RED
I live on a main street, just a few blocks from a major highway. Although there is a four-way light at the nearest intersection, too many drivers ignore the light, blasting through without pausing.
The residents have complained to city hall. Three schools are nearby, and most of the residents have witnessed an accident involving a young person and a careless driver.
Sometimes, in response to complaints, the police will station a cop car nearby, and the policeman will ticket for a few days. When that happens, the drivers do slow down.
Then, when the police are no longer around, it's back to flouting the traffic laws.
I'm planning to initiate a campaign to install a ticketing camera at that intersection. I'll need to reach my neighbors, and get them on board. Then, armed with petitions, I plan to lobby city hall.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment