I'm finally rested after the Easter Break. While I was in Cleveland, I wasn't feeling well, so I made a doctor appointment.
It was a good thing. When they checked my blood sugar, I turned out to be high enough to be considered "impaired glucose tolerance" - that's considered pre-diabetic. NOT diabetes, but, if I don't take off some weight and start exercising, it could develop into it. So, I'll be making regular exercise a priority. I'm also going to plan out my meals each day, and stop making trips to the vending machine.
Other than that, what's going on?
My granddaughter, Juanita, has succumbed to peer pressure. The 2-1/2 year old at the babysitter's informed her that big girls don't poop in their pants, so she is FINALLY potty-training. Her decision.
The hurricane season is officially open - today, there's a hurricane watch. Not directly affecting us, we just have a mild thunderstorm. Feels great, really cooled things down. It feels a lot like Cleveland - muggy, followed by wet and cool.
My bathroom and laundry room are now vented. I have a HVAC man coming tomorrow to check things out, and give me an estimate on a new system. I'm prepared to hear some bad news. I shouldn't have to lay all the money out at once, though.
Only about 5-1/2 weeks left of school. I really can't wait. I'll be driving home, and this time, I plan to take a few days, and see people on the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment