Sunday, April 16, 2006

Back home again in SC

After spending almost the entire day on Saturday traveling, we're again in the Palmetto state. Den & Bao are lying down - they spent a VERY hot (in the 90s) day hooking up the bathroom fan vent. Alas, the motor is dead, so I'll have to pick up another one before we can put it to work.

Another milestone - after playing around with the windows, and removing both bedroom screens entirely, both rooms have a working air conditioner. Just in time for the guys' naps!

I've been pegging away with grading - interim grades are due Tuesday. I'll have them ready, but I'll be spending more time on it than I wanted to.

I got a chance to see the grandkids, but I forgot to take pictures. How dumb it THAT!

I have two computers up - one for grading, one for surfing. I think I'm getting addicted. Scratch that - I KNOW I'm addicted.

My asthma is finally improving. It took 2 doses of steroids and antibiotics, but I'm finally better. I hope it just lasts until the summer starts, and I have time to rest and heal.

While I was home in Cleveland (I tend to think of home as the place I'm currently at), I was able to get a lot of my stuff found, and brought it back with me. I just need furniture now. I'm going to try to get some inexpensive stuff locally, until I have the time or money (or both) to shop.

I'm on needles and pins - I think Den will be able to be here in next school year. I hope, I hope.

I have a wonderful garden - later this week, I'll get out and take some pictures. The azaleas are in fuschia bloom, the roses (VERY dark red) are perfect, and I have some dark red lilies, also. Nice to get the bloom without the work this year.

No comments: