Sunday, May 07, 2006

What's happening at Casa Kester?

I talked to my daughter (or was I IM'ng her?) a few days ago. It seems that the Wild Child (Juanita) has allergies - mostly skin. Like that's a surprise. My poor mother had to drag me to a doctor about once a month (sometimes more) because I'd get these strange spots - anything from pinpoint dots to huge, swollen hives. It finally turned out that I have sensitive skin, and will break out from almost anything. For a while, I had to carry a container for soap around with me everywhere, since I seemed to be particularly bothered by restroom soaps.

I finally found a brand that I can tolerate, and seldom have problems.

Juanita and Joey were both bothered by most paper diapers. Michelle didn't take it to the extent that I did (I had 3 in diapers and used cloth - no diaper service - have I mentioned that I was out of my freaking mind?), but she did spend more on the expensive, non-scented ones.

I'm just waiting, waiting for the end of school - about 2-1/2 weeks. The time is dragging.

No comments: